- Page, S. E., Siegert, F., Rieley, J. O., Boehm, H-D.V. & A. Jaya
(2002). Carbon Released during Peatland Fires in Kalimantan , Indonesia
in 1997. Nature , 420 , 61-65.
- Siegert, F. & A.A. Hoffmann, (2000). The 1998 Forest Fires in
East Kalimantan (Indonesia): A quantitative Evaluation Using High Resolution,
Multitemporal ERS-2 SAR Images and NOAA-AVHRR Hotspot data. Remote
Sensing of Environment , 72 , 64-77.
F. & G. Ruecker, (2000). Use of Multitemporal ERS-2 SAR Images for
Identification of Burned Scars in South-East Asian Tropical Rainforest.
International Journal of Remote Sensing, 21, 14: 831-837.
- Dennis, R., Hoffmann, A.A., Applegate, G., Gemmingen, v.G. & K.,
Kartawinata, (2001). Large-scale Fire Creator and Destroyer of Secondary
Forests in Indonesia . Journal of Tropical Forest Science 13
- Hinrichs, A. & Y. Ruslim, (2001). Implementing RIL in Indonesia
. ITTO Tropical Forest Update , 11
, 2: 6-7.
- Agung, F. & A. Hinrichs, (2000). Self Scoping Hand Book for Sustainable
Forest Management Certification in Indonesia . SFMP Document
No. 6a , 55p. ISBN: 979-606-063-9.
- Hoffmann, A.A.; Moore , P.F.; Simorangkir, D. and Haase, N. (2003)
Fires in South East Asia - Analysis, Insights and Ideas from Project
FireFight South East Asia . Published by, Project FireFight South East
Asia, IUCN, WWF funded by the EC. Bogor , Indonesia
- Shields, B.J.; Simorangkir, D. & Moore, P.F. (2003) Fire management
in peat lands – A rapid review of what is known and a draft approach
to building knowledge on peat fires and their management. Paper presented
to a Workshop on Peatland Best Management Practices, 13-15 October,
- D. Ganz, R.J. Fisher & P.F. Moore (2003). Further Defining Community-Based
Fire Management: Critical Elements and Rapid Appraisal Tools. 3rd International
Wildland Fire Conference, October 6-8, Sydney , Australia .
- L. Tacconi, P.F. Moore, D. Kaimowitz (2003) Fires in Tropical Forests
– throwing good money after bad? 3rd International Wildland Fire Conference,
October 6-8, Sydney , Australia .
- Reeb, D.; Moore, P. & Ganz, D. (2003). Five Case Studies of Community
Based Fire Management. FAO Headquarters, Rome .
- Moore, P. F.; Ganz, D.; Durst, P.; Tan L.C. and Enters, T. (2003).
Communities in Flames: Proceedings of an international conference on
community involvement in fire management. FAO Asia Pacific Region, Bangkok
- Moore , P.F.; Hardesty, J.; Kelleher, S.; Maginnis, S. and Myers,
R. (2003) Forests and Wildfires: Fixing the Future by Avoiding the Past.
Paper to XII World Forestry Congress, 21-28 September, 2003. Quebec
City , Canada .
- Moore, P.F. (2002) Forest Fire Prevention: What is it? Where is it?
Who does it? Invited Paper presented at the International Conference
on Forest and Land Fire Hazards, Kuala Lumpur , 10th – 14th June, 2002.
- Nasi R, R Dennis, E Meijaard , G Applegate and P Moore (2002). Forest
fire and biological diversity. Unasylva 209:36-41
- Dennis, R., Meijaard, E., Applegate, G., Nasi, R. and Moore, P. 2001.
Impact of human-caused fires on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning,
and their causes in tropical, temperate and boreal forest biomes. CBD
Technical Series No. 5. Secretariat for the Convention on Biological
Diversity, Montreal . 42p.
- Moore, P.F. 2001. Fires, Community Action and Law Enforcement in S.E.
Asia . Paper prepared for the Forest Law Enforcement and Governance:
World Bank East Asia Ministerial Conference, September 11-13, 2001,
Denpasar , Indonesia
- Moore, P.F. & Durst, P. B. 2001. Fire Prevention and Preparedness
in Asia and the Pacific. FAO Asia-Pacific Conference On Early Warning,
Preparedness, Prevention And Management Of Disasters In Food And Agriculture.
Chiangmai , Thailand , 12 - 15 June 2001
- Moore , P.F. 2001 Forest Fires in ASEAN: Data, Definitions and Disaster?
ASEAN Regional Center for Biodiversity Conservation, Workshop on Forest
Fires: Its impact on biodiversity. Brunei Darussalam 20 – 23 March 2001
- Ganz, D.; Moore, P.F. & Shields, B.J. 2001. Report of an International
Workshop on: Community Based Fire Management. Organised by RECOFTC &
Project FireFight South East Asia, Kasetsart University , Bangkok ,
Thailand . 6 – 8 December 2000
- Rowell, A. & Moore, P.F. 2000. Global Review of Forest Fires.
- Sumardja, E. & Moore, P.F. 1999. Burning Issues: Managing Forest
Fires in Indonesia . A paper presented to the Thematic Session: Disaster
Reduction and Protection of Natural Resources. IDNDR Programme Forum,
5-9 July 1999, CICG, Geneva .
- Moore , P.F. & Jackson, W.J. 1998 The role of indigenous use of
fire in forest management and conservation. International Seminar on
Cultivating Forests: Alternative Forest Management Practices and Techniques
for Community Forestry. Regional Community Forestry Training Center
, Bangkok , Thailand . September, 1998
- Moore , P.F. 1998. International Aspects of Economic/Social Costs
from Forest Fires. Proceedings of a Workshop: Fire Hazards, Transboundary
Haze and Sustainable Forestry in East Asia and the Pacific. Environmental
and Natural Resource Division of the Economic Development Institute
of the World Bank. Surabaya , Indonesia December 9-12 1998
- Moore, P.F & Shields, B.J. (1996). The basis of fuel management
in State Forests of NSW. IN Living in a fire prone environment a Symposium
of the Nature Conservation Council, University of NSW 4th March 1995.
- Shields, B.J. (2002). The Development of a Bushfire Risk management
Framework for Victoria . Research Report No 59. Natural Resources and
Environment, Victoria .
- Shields B.J. & Nguyen Vu Khoi (2003). A case history of fire management
in U Minh Thuong National Park, Vietnam. Report to the international
seminar on “wise use and sustainable management of peatland”. Thailand